Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Well, it's been a bit since I last posted.... I'm struggling to maintain this blog thing, I go in spurts...and I'm pretty randon, still haven't decided what direction I wanna go in with this. much like I do in the rest of my life.... I can clean half the house top to bottom in one day and then another day, barely feel like walking through half of it... bah-humbug.....I've gotta get my exercise on.... 30 day shred, I want you back! lol. 30 extra pounds, I want you gone!

I have some terrible eating habits... love soda, chocolate, vanilla iced zingers, pop-tarts, sugary cereals, etc... but I'm trying to slowly better them, I know if I go too hard to fast at trying to change my eating habits, I'll fail and fall right back to all of them. I want to give up pop... but... before I even cut back, I've switched to caffeine free.... once I get thru my week without caffeinated soda... I will cut back to one a day..... one every other day..... etc... hopefully my plan will work, pop isn't cheap ya know. I think I spend 10% of our grocery budget on it. Sick.

I'm not just trying to eat healthier in the sense of low fat, etc., but in the sense of natural and organic. I want to avoid processed foods, etc. I bought some bread last week, whole grain - the heaviest bread on the shelf, and really enjoyed it, much better than that fake white bread. Of course, when I went to the store yesterday to buy more, I couldn't remember what brand I had bought before.... after reading ingredient labels, I realized what I bought last week had high fructose corn syrup in it!? holy crap. and oats, which Reese is allergic to. So... this week I bought Pepperidge (sp?) Farms Wheat Whole Grain bread, still just as tasty, but without the oats and without the high fructose corn syrup.

Crap. Just realized I forgot to get stuff to make salsa at the store. :( I'm craving it soooooo bad.

Anyhoo.... our a/c has been working on and off, we're assuming it's low on refrigerant.... so a guy is suppose to come check it out this afternoon.... My goals for the day now...... clean the living room enough that he has a clean path from the front door to the thermostat. LOL.  AND TAKE A NAP!

I am exhausted. The girls and I appear to be walking boogers. Peak allergy season for us. :(

No comments: