Sunday, October 24, 2010

Seeing Improvement

I consider myself pretty mature for a 23 year old, but for some reason . . . I'm like a magnet for young kids. I'm not complaining or anything, but. . . after yesterdays Church hayride and picnic I now know about all the youth and children's names, but still less than half of the adults. *blush* Of course, I think the fact that I was packing around Booger was part of the magnetism, especially since as one feller said, he's like a lil abercrombie pup in his purple moose sweater. lol. But now I think that lil model pup is constipated thanks to a lil too much hot dog. ugh.

I really enjoy working with younger kids. . . like . . . middle school age. I've contemplated finishing my degree but with a change of major from Elem. Ed to Middle Grades Language Arts & Social Studies? IDK. Just a backup plan in case this whole running my own business and doula practice doesn't work out too well in the next few years. I can't go back to school, even if I want to, until the girls, at least Reese, is in school... Yes. FREE. PUBLIC school. I'd like to homeschool, but DH thinks it'll turn our kids into social under developed weirdos or something. Daycare is just soooo costly and I'd really rather raise my own kids if I have the choice, a choice I know many women aren't fortunate enough to have.

Speaking of costly things . . . anyone else holding their breath to see what their insurance rates are going up to? Phew. I'm dreading it. I guess I should just be thankful my kids rarely get sick and need a trip to the doctor. Bout all we utilize our insurance for these days is chiropractic care. I've become fond of herbal remedies as well.

LALALA . . . well, just wanted to sort of chat a lil, preparing for what I hope will be a smooth fun filled day of travelling and shopping in good ol' Lexington, KY. I have a ton of stuff to return to Gymboree. Reese chunkered up and outgrew her fall/winer clothes I bought for her in late summer. We're also going to visit my big little Brother, Shane - college senior, and driver of a 1978 vw van.

Maybe I'll pop in for a recap of today's events this evening. Appreciate you readers. Hope the rest of yalls weekend is splendid as well!!!!

No comments: